sexta-feira, 7 de outubro de 2011

Day 20 - The meeting

Thursday morning I woke up in time. I needed an envelope, and i needed to print stuff for the metro pass, so with the help of google translate, and with a bit of practice, I was able to ask fthese is stuff. The bus was on time, and so was the train. Moreover, I only payed 13.5 euros, instead of the usual 20, but I was pretty sure someone had made a mistake. But when they checked my tickets on the train, they said they were ok. I think I didn't pay the last bus trip, but hey, I wasn't going to complain.

So I arrived to munch on time, and met Manuel for lunch. We went to an Italian restaurant and I had pizza, of course. After that, we went to our new college, to an International meeting. We had no real problem getting to the room, as the info online was pretty good. When we arrived there I was amazed at the size of the auditorium. I was sure it had space for more than 1000 persons. Another thing that amazed me was the amount of people that were actually in the room. I was expecting about 200, 300 tops. Well, we were 600. And according to the official data, there are a litle bit more than 700 international students. Another interesting number, 6500 first year students. No wonder it was complicated finding a place....

After the meeting, we were offered coffe and some pastries. We both had them, and left quickly. We still had to take some photos for the subway pass, and we had to get the pass itself. So we went back to the main station, got our photos in a booth, then headed for the line. We arrived there shortly after 5, and in the booth said that closing time was 6, so we were a little bit worried. We had more than 20 people ahead of us....

Well, 6 o'clock came, and almost all of the booths closed, in fact, they left only 3 of the initial 8 open, and I was sure that as soon as they finished the current client,they would also close. Well, I was wrong, and these 3 booths continued to receive costumers, so my next concern was the time. I had an hourly train, at 44 minutes each hour, and then it still was an hour and half before I got home, so I was hoping to get on the 6:44. No luck there, as at 6:44 there were still 10 people ahead of us in line. At 7:20, there were still 5 people ahead of us, and I started to worry. At 7:35 my turn arrived. Lucky me, the person behind the counter spoke English, and I had everything ready, so by 7:42 I was done, I had my pass, now I needed to run. I reached the train, and as soon as I got on, the doors closed and it left. I was lucky there. Now, the train was supposed to arrive at 8:07 and I had my bus at 8:15. The train arrived at 8:16....Again, I ran for the bus, and again I managed to get on board (if I hadn't, I just needed to wait one hour for the next). I felt sure my luck was about to run out. It was too many close calls.

Back at Mainburg, I was about ready to start cooking my own meal, when Emi got some stuff from the fridge. leftover dinner, and it was awesome. While I ate, I practiced my farewell speech, as this was my last night in Mainburg. After dinner, I went to the living room, and thanked them both for my time there. I really meant it. They were very kind to me, fed me, washed my clothes, gave me a roof above my head. Well, I tried to thank them as best as I could. it went well.

Back to my room, talked to some folks back at home, and it was time for bed. My last night there. I was excited, as in the next day I was going to my new place. It was difficult to fall asleep....

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário