sexta-feira, 30 de setembro de 2011

Day 14 - A new place!

Friday started badly. I woke up, looked at the mirror and thought that my beard was going wild. So I grabbed a nail scissors and hacked at it. I was glad to see the end result was not to shabby. Got on the iPad to recheck the bus time, and to my amazement I had it wrong. The bus was in 10 minutes! I thought I had 40....Turns out the bus is only a hourly bus after midday....So I ran. And I ran. Usually, I need 15-20 minutes reach the station, so I was worried. A lot. So much that I sped by the station and just kept going. Yep, I missed it. And only realized it when I saw MacDonalds, which I knew was way ahead of the station. I doubled back, but I saw the bus pass me. I can't describe how mad I was. I was going to have to call the landlord and reschedule the meeting. More than that, I had ran for nothing.Worst, if I was paying attention I would have made it. All in all, a bad start.

So I went to a store, I needed a notebook and some writing materials, to start writing all the new German words, bought them ( I couldn't find a notebook cheaper than 5 euros...) and just went to the station and wait for the next bus. Yep, I had to wait an hour. So I called the landlord, rescheduled the meeting to 3 PM.

When the bus finally came, I got on, and managed to find a cheaper ticket, as I had done the day before for the train. Turns out that if you do more than one trip, a daily ticket is the best choice. So a round trip now costed me 20 euros instead of 30. In the bus, i found myself explaining to two canadian old ladies the metro in Munich, and how to get to the oktoberfest, because as usual, none of the Germans sope Emglish. But despite my good deeds, traffic was heavy, and when I got to the train station, the train had already left. 20 minutes until the next one meant I would be late for the meeting I had already postponed. Nice....

So when I finally arrived at my final destination, 90 minutes after the initial time, 30 minutes late, I was feeling bad. But I talked to the landlord, saw the room, saw the place and said I'd take it. He said, well, this was reserved for a french guy, but he had told him to call to confirm it and he hadn't yet. If he didn't in the next two hours, the room was mine, just like that. I decided go head back to the hostel and just wait.
Man did those 2 hours drag on forever. And I was still expecting a call from the other landlady. But finally the landlord called and said the room was mine, if I wanted it. So I headed back, and in no time signed a contract.

So I bet you are all wondering, so here's the room:
It isn't big, only 10 sq m, but it had a nice window. On the pros side, it is cheap, only 368 a month, everything inluded, it has a supermarket in the ground floor, has a huge window to the south. On the cons side, it is not central, it will take something like 45 minutes to reach the college, it is small, and the apartment is shared with 8 persons, from all over the planet, and I had decided to sign the contract until march, and if I need to leave in february, which is likely, I will have to find someone to cover the last month.
But I was happy. I had a place.

So I went back to the hostel, surfed the internet for a while, and then I decided to go to the bathroom. This was a bad idea....why, because the bathroom was in the private area, and I had to use a non standard way to get there. No, I didn't go through windows, just a strange path a normal guest wouldn't take. And as I was lucky today, this was spotted, which led to 10 minutes of uncomfortable explanations with the receptionist. She no doubt thought that I was going to steal something from the rooms. Well I won't go into much details of what happened, but let's just say I won't be showing my face there in the next month. But no harm done.

On a train back to Mainburg, which was late again and I had to run for the bus. My luck was not the best, but hey, I did find an apartment. So back at Mainburg, some blog writing, some show watching, some skyping and I was done for the day. Went to bed, happy. I had a place!

1 comentário:

  1. Nice =D I told you everything would be alright! ;D

    When do you start classes?

    ResponderEliminar